Medication Administration in School

The Newmarket Junior Senior High School does provide over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, or Tums.
If your student requires this type of medication it should be administer prior to school.

If your student requires medication during the school day:

Prescription medications:

Any medication prescribed by your doctor must be brought in by an adult, in the original prescription bottle, along with a written order from your doctor. The parent/guardian must fill out and sign a medication administration form.

All other over the counter medications (including cough medicine, Dayquil, Tylenol, Advil, Motrin etc) must be:

  1. Brought to school by an adult
  2. In their original container with the child's name on it.
  3. A parent/guardian must sign a medication administration form or bring in a dated and signed note with instructions.
Special considerations:

If possible antibiotics should be given at home. If there is a need to give a dose at school I recommend you ask the pharmacist to make you a small second bottle, labeled with just enough for the school dosages.
  • No student shall transport any medication to school for the safety of all concerned.
  • No medication will be given to a student unless it is in the original bottle.