posted Feb 6, 2015, 2:19 AM by SAU31 Webmaster
From the Centers for Disease Control and Preventionwww.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm
- Flu symptoms include fever, headache, chills, body aches, tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, and nasal congestion.
- Flu is spread when a person who has the flu coughs, sneezes, or speaks and sends the flu virus in to the air. The virus enters the nose, throat or lungs of a person and it multiplies. Flu spreads less frequently when a person touches a surface that has flu viruses on it.
- If you get the flu: rest, drink plenty of liquids.
- The best was to prevent the flu is to get the flu shot.
- A sick child is advised to stay at home during the first days of illness when symptoms are most severe and the infection is most contagious. Children can return to school when symptoms are improving and no fever has been detected for 24 hours.
- Encourage children to cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently, and keep hands away from, eyes, nose and mouth.